Sunday 25 October 2009

The Parlour






Here is the suitably stuffed traditional Victorian Parlour. The music on the organ is correctly dated and the clock on the dresser works (although it's not a terribly good picture). Handy when you're working away and don't want to leave what you're doing to check the time! I don't think I can get anything else in here!


The little couch is resin and it has a twin. Unfortunately these are no longer made.


I've never had any luck in finding curtains that I really like and I have to admit that curtains are the only thing I've had a go at making for this house.


I was really pleased with the way this room turned out. Again the floor is made using iron-on edging. The wallpaper is called "The Gathering". I had to chop the top off the overmantle as the room is only 8" (23cms) high but luckily it worked out very well and there is no gap between it and the ceiling!

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I love this room! I could quite happily sit here in a posh frock and have a wee sherry!

    ReplyDelete

blogger templates | Make Money Online