Thursday 6 September 2012

Playing with wood.


I've been busy over the past few days making more bits for the attic store room.   First of all, a basic table - nothing too exciting there!


Some luggage racks - easy peasy


and (a first for me) a fireplace.   As this is for a room of no importance whatsoever it was created  from various bits and pieces of wood already in the stash and painted black.   It was afterwards, when it was just standing there, I thought perhaps something else could be done to it.
 
 
so, out came my favourite Humbrol Metalcote paint (I love this stuff and it comes in black too!)
 
 
 
A coat of this and a quick buff and the fireplace now looks like this.   It wont really be seen that well once in place but I'll know!
 

 

9 comments:

  1. Hello Irene,
    Wonderful jo. as usual. That stuff really transform miniatures and looks very relaisic...the fireplace is gorgeous. i love the table and the idea of the luggage racks...you always come up with new and exciting ideas.
    big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great new things. You are very good at transforming things, the fireplace is great now.
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your items are fabulous Irene, really realistic!
    That Metalcote paint is amazing - I will have to get myself some!
    Sending hugs to you! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic items the table is beautiful and luggage racks something I would never have thought of :0 The fireplace Wow its gorgeous I love it.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like that fire place, it just goes to show you what you can do with a little imagination

    Love
    Marisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. great job Irene, well done. And yet another use for fencing parts ;-)
    Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That fireplace is adorable, Irene. Well done on the other pieces, too. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant work! It looks like a very expensive bought item. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, everyone. I've had to slow down a bit as I need the finishing touches and Miniatura can't come quick enough for me!

    ReplyDelete

blogger templates | Make Money Online