Thursday 8 July 2010

The Admiral's Bedroom




At last, I have something to show of the Admiral's bedroom. There are still one or two pieces I'd like to get for this room but I haven't found them online yet so the search continues. At some point I'd also like to fill his wardrobe and chest of drawers as well.



With the exception of the hat, the uniform, the top hat and the dressed bed everything was purchased either at fairs or online. The little box on the chest of drawers is for collars and there's a picture of his hero "Lord Nelson" on the wall. The picture on the back wall is of Chatsworth House, England's finest stately home.


The green leather sea chart tube in the chest contains his nautical maps, there's a tiny little pocket watch on the bedside cabinet and the glass on the carafe is removeable.




12 comments:

  1. Wow Irene, it looks great. A lot of attention to detail. You've done a fabulous job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really looks great, with his uniform on the stand, all the other little details, even a little boz for collars, you've thought of everything an Admiral might want in his bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have completely fallen in love with this admiral and his home!
    Irene dear, this room is beautiful, just like I like!
    Strangely, we both go hand in hand, as I too have almost completed the bedroom of the Lady...
    I love how you placed the furniture and accessories: the small set shaving is impeccable!
    In short, all fabulous :-)
    Mini hugs, Flora

    ReplyDelete
  4. This room is beautiful! It reminds me of some of the historic houses I've seen in Massachusetts. Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, I can tell he's a tasteful and distinguished gentleman...still single is he?? ;-)Very realistic and beautiful room - well done!
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Irene a wonderful bedroom, congratulations for your job. Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bedroom is great and full of life. Thanks to all the details I can feel the presence of the admiral. You have a wonderful sense of details. The uniform is superb and I like the pictures on the wall.
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you everyone for your nice comments.

    Flora - I'm looking forward to seeing your completed Lady's bedroom.

    Cynthia - Yes, there is a Mrs Admiral and the decorators are in her room at the moment!

    Genevive - Thank you and I hope you enjoyed your trip to England.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice bedroom you have done! It's so interesting to see how you have already created such beautiful home for Admiral and his family. I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your house is amazing! I like the bedroom very much.
    anja
    http://kuuralehto.vuodatus.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like you blog. Bedroom it's very very nice

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful gentleman room you have made. I really like the detail with his uniform and hat on a stand. Just ready for his next trip or royal ball. you have made a really lovely room wiht lots of special little details.

    ReplyDelete

blogger templates | Make Money Online